Friday, March 13, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Seven Benefits From Reading your Bible
Bible reading is more than a pleasant pastime. It can become a daily habit that will change your life.
God’s World holds out the promise of rich benefits for those who spend time reading it and taking its truths to heart. Here are just seven of the many ways your life can be better as you make the Bible your daily reading companion. All seven come from Psalm 119 – a magnificent song of praise for God’s Word.
1. The Bible will help keep you from Sin. “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you” (verse 11).
2. The Bible will lift your burdens. “I weep with grief; encourage me by your word” (verse 28).
3. The Bible will guide your steps. “Your word is a lamp for my feet and light for my path” (verse 105).
4. The Bible will bring you joy. “Your decrees are my treasure; the are truly my heart’s delight” (verse 111).
5. The Bible will lead you to wisdom. “As your words are taught, they give light; even the simple can understand them” (verse 130).
6. The Bible will give you peace. “Those who love your law have great peace and do not stumble” (verse 165).
7. The Bible will bring you back to God. “I have wandered away like a lost sheep; come and find me, for I have not forgotten your commands” (verse 176).
Thursday, November 20, 2008
In March 2008, I was in a market place; my mother wanted a piece of material for the curtains. When we arrive were the boot of this person sells the material, we saw a very nice one. It was a red colored background with brown trees and many white butterflies. It was a Chinese style. I like Chinese style, even there culture and when I saw it, I remembered a sentence on the internet; what the butterfly symbolizes for the Chinese and Japanese people. It says: the butterfly symbolize of a changing life or an already changed life. I started to think, my life changed trough Jesus Christ, I was in a wrong way and now I’m a new creation trough Him. I felt a great joy and started to sing praises. This is what I found after that, see as follows:
BUTTERFLY: Reminds Christians of the amazing transformation that takes place through Christ's redemption and regeneration. When "born again," we become "a new creation." (2 Cor. 5:17).
First the egg - I was born in this world.
Second the Caterpillar – you know the caterpillar eat to grow like everyone else. The thing is what kind of food you are eating. Good food like going to mass, read the Holy Bible, praying every day and trust God. Bad food like sexual immorality, greedy, drugs, music (not all the music are wrong just watch for the lyrics pls), films, porn, even cartoons some of them are not good, the kind of friends (Don’t be afraid to change your friends, God will give you very special ones. At first it will be hard but it is worthy and you will never be disappointed. I had lonely days before I choose this way and now I have many friends and a great community (for me, they are my family too). Don’t be worry or upset, He will give you what ever you need. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7))
and all the nonsense of fortune tellers. I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds the future. Jesus Christ. (Proverbs 3:5-7). For me, the first was good but after the bad thinks
Third the Pupa – when the devil covers your eyes, blinds you with the earthly thinks from the light, the truth and especially the love of God.
Finally the Butterfly – when you decide to give your life to Jesus, He broke the blindness that covers you eyes. Like: a ray of light from a dark place, a worm hope, joy, peace and love. When a butterfly comes out from a pupa, slowly stretch his wings and open them wide but he cant fly until the ray of light gives his wings the strength to do so. Can you imagine that? Jesus gives us the strength to go on, he set us free, our light to a darken road and you never be alone.